So I have the best intentions about "keeping up" with people.
In fact this year, I created a cute little New Years card to send to family and friends. (I like to do New Years cards as I can't seem to get them out in time for Christmas.) I addressed, stamped, stuffed and sealed the cards. Half way through the process I decided to include a letter (on paper that doesn't match the card so in all honesty the mailing is a bit tacky). After completing the process, it occurred to me that only a hand full of folks got my card AND letter. And...that those who did not get a letter may have wanted to read it. I also recognized that there are several people I do not have addresses for so they didn't get a card or a letter.
I then rebuked myself for not planning better. (Shame on me.)
My solution for easing my guilt? Add my letter to the family blog! That way those who only got the card can read the letter, those who got nothing will realize that they should send me their address and those who got both can just laugh about my crazy behavior and the many typos I found in the letter after it was sent.
Here it is folks...in all of its glory.
Happy 2010 My Friends!
Let me just say that my paper, card and envelop do not match. Typically I’m a matchy-matchy girl…I like order, consistency and a good theme. None of that seems to be reflected in my New Year wishes to you. Perhaps I’m finally learning to relax. Or, I might just be getting lazy. Either way, I hope this finds you healthy, happy and near the ones you love.
Like most, 2009 has had some highs and lows. The lowest of the lows was the death of my oldest niece Kendra. She died in a tragic car accident that claimed not only her life, but the other two young people in the car with her. The driver of the other car fell asleep at the wheel and hit my niece and her friends head on. We miss her greatly and are sad that she wasn't able to stay in this life longer to raise her two little boys, Travis and Tanner.
On to the highs: Ashley Brett had a baby boy, Jack Andrew, in September…my lucky 13th nephew/niece.
My older sister Darcy and her family left Germany and moved to Durham so that her husband can complete a two-year fellowship at Duke! It has been well over 10 years since I’ve lived in the same town as one of my family members. Now, I have a dear sister just two miles away. I love every minute of having her around and experiencing life with her four fantastic kids (Kelly Nicole, McKayla, James and Jessica). My dog, Griffin, loves it as well. Darcy quickly became his BFF and not a week goes by that he does not spend a day or two with her…picking up kids from school, going on walks, taking afternoon naps and convincing her that he needs just one more dog treat or a nibble of lunch meat to get through the day. My dog went from being spoiled to being REALLY spoiled.
I also enjoyed several “staycations” as both family and friends have come to visit me this year. In July, Trever and Kaiti (two of Krista’s kids) came for a week. We played games, watched movies, visited amusement and water parks, ate out, ate in and just had a good time. In August, Mom, Dad and Grandma rolled into town. Much of the above occurred except that we swapped out the parks for visiting the beautiful home and gardens of Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC.
This year I was asked to teach Early Morning Seminary at church. For those of you who are not of my faith, it is similar to Sunday school except that it is held Monday through Friday at 6 am. Class gets over at 7 am and the kids head to school and I to work. It is truly one of the hardest – best – things I’ve ever done.
Beside family and church, I’m grateful for a good job (I’m now Director of Marketing & Corporate Communications at Durham Regional Hospital – you have to really appreciate a promotion when so many others are without employment) and good people to work with. I’m grateful for good health and great friends like you.
Sending you many good wishes for a Happy New Year!
Kellie
In fact this year, I created a cute little New Years card to send to family and friends. (I like to do New Years cards as I can't seem to get them out in time for Christmas.) I addressed, stamped, stuffed and sealed the cards. Half way through the process I decided to include a letter (on paper that doesn't match the card so in all honesty the mailing is a bit tacky). After completing the process, it occurred to me that only a hand full of folks got my card AND letter. And...that those who did not get a letter may have wanted to read it. I also recognized that there are several people I do not have addresses for so they didn't get a card or a letter.
I then rebuked myself for not planning better. (Shame on me.)
My solution for easing my guilt? Add my letter to the family blog! That way those who only got the card can read the letter, those who got nothing will realize that they should send me their address and those who got both can just laugh about my crazy behavior and the many typos I found in the letter after it was sent.
Here it is folks...in all of its glory.
Happy 2010 My Friends!
Let me just say that my paper, card and envelop do not match. Typically I’m a matchy-matchy girl…I like order, consistency and a good theme. None of that seems to be reflected in my New Year wishes to you. Perhaps I’m finally learning to relax. Or, I might just be getting lazy. Either way, I hope this finds you healthy, happy and near the ones you love.
Like most, 2009 has had some highs and lows. The lowest of the lows was the death of my oldest niece Kendra. She died in a tragic car accident that claimed not only her life, but the other two young people in the car with her. The driver of the other car fell asleep at the wheel and hit my niece and her friends head on. We miss her greatly and are sad that she wasn't able to stay in this life longer to raise her two little boys, Travis and Tanner.
On to the highs: Ashley Brett had a baby boy, Jack Andrew, in September…my lucky 13th nephew/niece.
My older sister Darcy and her family left Germany and moved to Durham so that her husband can complete a two-year fellowship at Duke! It has been well over 10 years since I’ve lived in the same town as one of my family members. Now, I have a dear sister just two miles away. I love every minute of having her around and experiencing life with her four fantastic kids (Kelly Nicole, McKayla, James and Jessica). My dog, Griffin, loves it as well. Darcy quickly became his BFF and not a week goes by that he does not spend a day or two with her…picking up kids from school, going on walks, taking afternoon naps and convincing her that he needs just one more dog treat or a nibble of lunch meat to get through the day. My dog went from being spoiled to being REALLY spoiled.
I also enjoyed several “staycations” as both family and friends have come to visit me this year. In July, Trever and Kaiti (two of Krista’s kids) came for a week. We played games, watched movies, visited amusement and water parks, ate out, ate in and just had a good time. In August, Mom, Dad and Grandma rolled into town. Much of the above occurred except that we swapped out the parks for visiting the beautiful home and gardens of Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC.
This year I was asked to teach Early Morning Seminary at church. For those of you who are not of my faith, it is similar to Sunday school except that it is held Monday through Friday at 6 am. Class gets over at 7 am and the kids head to school and I to work. It is truly one of the hardest – best – things I’ve ever done.
Beside family and church, I’m grateful for a good job (I’m now Director of Marketing & Corporate Communications at Durham Regional Hospital – you have to really appreciate a promotion when so many others are without employment) and good people to work with. I’m grateful for good health and great friends like you.
Sending you many good wishes for a Happy New Year!
Kellie

2 comments:
Love you Kellie!
Thanks, Kellie! Love all you do to keep us updated! Merry Christmas and hope to SEE you later next year!
Post a Comment