Friday, November 26, 2010
Firsts. . .
Two Saturdays ago, I decided (after a morning of chores) that I deserved a manicure and pedicure. As this experience is always more fun with a group, I asked Grandma and Darcy to come along.
Grandma asks. . . "will they touch the bottom of my feet a lot?" Yes I say, but we'll ask them not to. She proceeded to tell me a story of when she kicked a shoe salesman off his stool when he was sizing her feet. I didn't want that to be the fate of the person giving her a pedicure. (Very funny story. Ask her to tell it to you sometime if you haven't heard it yet.)
We picked up Darcy and headed to our favorite location. Once there we mulled over the rainbow of nail polish colors. . .Grandma chose clear (is that a color?), Darcy went with a golden brown, I picked pink. We sat ourselves in the large, comfy massage chairs with our feet soaking in the lovely, sudsy hot water. As the pedicures progressed, we learned that this is the first time Grandma has ever gotten a pedicure.
Wow, your first pedicure at 87!
If we had only known, we would have brought a camera. Grandma giggled, and wiggled and had to hold our hands during her pedicure, especially when they touched the bottem of her feet. When it was all said and done, Grandma said . . "that was torture!"
I said. . ."happy birthday!"
Darcy and I think your feet feel like bliss after a pedicure. To each their own. . . but we did have some lovely toes!
What else can we do that will be a first for Grandma?. . .
Posted by Kellie at 5:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That's great, Kellie! I have heard that story. Keep up the firsts. I wish I could have seen her experience that.
I've yet to experience it because I too think it would be torture. :)
Post a Comment